It's the first day of spring, but we're pretty sure Mother Nature doesn't realize it. Some forecasts say rain and wind, some say snow, but who actually knows. What we do know is that the food store is going to be a mob scene with everyone trying to stock up on some essentials before this impending storm hits.
We thought we'd help you out and give you a simple Shopping List with the essentials and some of our favorite recipes we like to prep when we know a storm is coming.
These are items that don't need heat to be prepared or stay cool in the refrigerator:
- Water [prefer bottled]
- Peanut butter or similar nut spreads and preserves (jellies, jams)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Juices (particularly those that are not commonly found in the refrigerator section of the supermarket).
- Breads, muffins, bagels, tortillas
- Canned Soup
- Dry cereal or granola
- Protein bars or protein shakes.
- Cookies, Crackers, Chips
Light storm - don't think you'll lose power? Check out these easy recipes we like to make, require few ingredients, & can easily be prepped ahead & reheated.
Do you have any go-to recipes you make when a storm is coming? We'd love to try them!
Comment below or email us at email@example.com