Whether you buy too much candy or your kids bring too much home, there are great ways to get rid of the excess without letting it go to waste. Keep the holiday going past the 31st by using up your leftover candy for these decadent recipes.
First - Here are some quick ways to repurpose the leftover candy laying around.
1. Freeze it: Throughout the year, add it to milkshakes, sundaes, ice cream and plain cookie dough.
2. DIY Trail Mix: Open bags of little candies like M&Ms and make your own trail mix by adding pretzels, nuts and dried fruit.
3. Save it for a Thanksgiving dish: Remember how your mom used to make yams with marshmallows? Try using leftover candy corn.
4. Pair it with wine: The chocolate, caramel, nuttiness of Snickers go great with some red wine.
5. Put it in your coffee: This makes for a quick and easy mocha.
6. Keep some in your purse: NO BRAINER! Save it for when you need a sugar fix—or your kid needs to be bribed (we won’t tell!).
7. Give it away: Bring it to the office - it will disappear in no time.
8. Send it over seas: Groups like Operation Shoebox, which supports our troops, will gladly take donations.
Here are some of our favorite recipes to make with the leftover candy:
1. Reese's Stuffed Brownies
But seriously, how could they not be good? Get the recipe here
2. Milky Way Hot Mess
The ultimate shareable dessert. Get the recipe here
3. Candy Bar Pie
You've already made a giant blondie stuffed with candy, so go ahead and scoop some ice cream and hot fudge on there. Get the recipe here
4. Snickers Cookies
You know what goes great with chocolate chips? Caramel. Get the recipe here